Amanda Peterson Dies of Accidental Prescription Drug Overdose

Amanda Peterson, star of 1987’s Can’t Buy Me Love, recently died after accidentally overdosing on prescription medications.

Toxicology reports found that Peterson, 43, had marijuana in her system, plus 6 times the normal levels of painkiller Gabapentin, which she was legally prescribed. Reports concluded that her death was accidental, and her mother, Sylvia, echoed the fact that her daughter was not a drug addict.

Peterson did suffer from depression, but she did not have heart problems and she had stayed clean since having some drug problems when she was younger.

The actress purposefully stepped away from the movie and television industry a few years after Can’t Buy Me Love, citing the lack of diverse roles for young adults in Hollywood.

Peterson is survived by an 8-year-old daughter.

If you or someone you know is suffering from alcoholism or drug addiction, Test Smartly Labs provides drug and alcohol testing, a necessary first step in treating the problem. Locate your nearest Test Smartly Labs today to get started.

Be Sociable, Share!

Comments are closed.